In the GP3 (Grant Period 3) cHiPSet Action IC1406 will support 8 Conference Grants.
- You are a PhD student or an ECI (within 8 years of PhD defense).
- Your primary affiliation is in the Czech Republic, Estonia, Croatia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Montenegro, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovenia, Slovakia, the fYR Macedonia, Serbia or Turkey.
- You will give a talk or present a poster at an international conference, and your name appears in the conference programme.
- The subject of your presentation or poster as well as the conference are on the topic of the cHiPSet COST Action.
COST Action Conference Grants cover
- conference fees up to 500 EUR;
- transportation cost up to 500 EUR;
- accommodation cost based on a lump sum of 120 EUR per night including breakfast for a maximum number of nights equal to the number of conference days plus one;
- subsistence cost based on a lump sum of 20 EUR per lunch or dinner for each conference day plus one meal each on the day before and on the day after the conference minus any meals provided during the conference;
- visa cost.
The maximum amount of a COST Action Conference Grant is 1450 EUR. European conferences are preferred, but conferences elsewhere can be considered as well.
What you need to do:
- At the earliest possible time, send your application for a conference grant to the cHiPSet Conference Grants Coordinators Clemens Grelck (firstname.lastname@example.org), Anthony Karageorgos (email@example.com) and Rabi Bashroush (r.Bashroush@qub.ac.uk). Your application must include
- your short CV;
- name and URL of the conference;
- title and time slot of your presentation/poster;
- a budget breakdown based on the above rules;
- cost evidence, e.g. screen shots of travel booking sites.
The pre-approval will be provided through e-voting of the cHiPSet Core Group members. In the 3rd GP, the applications must be submitted at least 45 DAYS BEFORE the conference AND NO LATER THAN February 28th, 2018 (Hard Deadline).
- Acknowledge the EU financial support through the cHiPSet COST Action IC1406 on your presentation slides and/or on your poster.
- After pre-approval of the conference grants, the qualified applicants will be asked to submit their applications though e-cost system – the guide is available here: USER GUIDE
- Within 30 calendar days from the end of the conference, and no later than April 1, 2018, submit a scientific report to the CG Vice Coordinators – Anthony Karageorgos (firstname.lastname@example.org), Rabi Bashroush (r.Bashroush@qub.ac.uk).