In GP4 (Grant Period 4) cHiPSet Action IC1406 will support upto six Conference Grants.
Eligible applicants must meet the following requirements:
- They must be PhD students or Early Career Investigators, that is PhD holders within 8 years of PhD defense.
- Their primary affiliation must be in Czech Republic, Estonia, Croatia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Montenegro, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovenia, Slovakia, FYROM, Serbia or Turkey.
- They need to have a paper or poster accepted for presentation at an international conference, and their name must show in the conference programme.
- The topic of their paper or poster and the conference theme must be relevant with the cHiPSet COST Action.
COST Action Conference Grants cover the following expenses:
- conference fees up to 500 EUR;
- transportation costs up to 500 EUR;
- accommodation costs based on a lump sum of 120 EUR per night including breakfast for a maximum number of nights equal to the number of conference days plus one;
- subsistence cost based on a lump sum of 20 EUR per lunch or dinner for each conference day (upto 40 EUR per day) plus one meal each on the day before and on the day after the conference minus any meals provided during the conference;
- visa cost.
The maximum amount of a COST Action Conference Grant is 1450 EUR. European conferences are preferred, but conferences elsewhere can be considered as well.
- An application for a conference grant should be sent by e-mail to the cHiPSet Conference Grants Committee (firstname.lastname@example.org) at the earliest possible time.
- A conference grant application must include
- An applicant’s short CV;
- name and URL of the conference;
- title and time slot of presentation/poster for which funding is requested;
- a budget breakdown based on the above mentioned conference grant rules;
- Evidence of cost estimation, for example printouts screen shots of travel booking quotes.
- After submission conference grant applications are examined and, if eligible, pre-approved by cHiPSet Core Group members by e-voting.
- Applicants of pre-approved applications are subsequently invited to submit their applications though the e-cost system (https://e-services.cost.eu/). The e-cost system guide is available here: USER GUIDE.
Deadlines and Acknowledgements:
- In GP 4 conference grant applications must be submitted at least 45 DAYS BEFORE the conference AND NO LATER THAN February 15th, 2019 (Hard Deadline).
- Successful conference grant holders must properly acknowledge the EU financial support, received through the cHiPSet COST Action IC1406, in their published paper/poster as well as in the respective presentation slides.
- At most after 30 calendar days from the end of the conference, and certainly no later than March 25, 2019, conference grant holders must submit a scientific report (max 2 pages) concerning their paper/poster (paper/poster should be attached to the report as an Appendix) to one of the CG Vice Coordinators: