In GP4 (Grant Period 4) cHiPSet Action IC1406 will support upto six Conference Grants.
- You are a PhD student or an Early Career Investigator (up to 8 years after PhD defense).
- Your primary affiliation is in the Czech Republic, Estonia, Croatia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Montenegro, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovenia, Slovakia, FYR Macedonia, Serbia or Turkey.
- You have a paper or poster accepted for presentation at an international conference.
- The topic of your paper or poster and the conference theme are relevant for cHiPSet.
- European conferences are preferred, but conferences elsewhere can be considered as well.
- travel (incl visa) from home to conference location and back;
- conference fee up to 500EUR;
- subsistence up to 160 EUR per conference day attended, minus 20 EUR per lunch/dinner provided as part of the conference package.
The maximum amount of a Conference Grant is 1450 EUR.
- Grant applications can be submitted any time, but must be submitted at least 45 DAYS BEFORE the conference AND NO LATER THAN February 15th, 2019 (Hard Deadline).
- Fill in the conference grants application form in the e-cost system (https://e-services.cost.eu/). Consult the USER GUIDE as needed.
- Save your application, but do not yet submit.
- Send the following documentation in one pdf file to the cHiPSet Conference
Grants Committee (firstname.lastname@example.org):
a) complete printout or screen shot of your e-cost application;
b) title of your paper or poster;
c) proof of acceptance of your paper or poster (as provided to the e-cost system).
d) break-down of your (expected) travel expenses;
e) printouts or screen shots of travel booking web sites substantiating each expense;
f) printouts or screen shots of the conference web site confirming the effective participation fee;
g) list of lunches and dinners included in the conference fee;
h) your short CV (as provided to the e-cost system);
i) brief description of your involvement in the COST Action (as provided to the e-cost system);
- The cHiPSet Conference Grants Committee verifies your application. If your application is complete and formally meets all COST requirements, we invite you to submit your application in the e-cost system. We further initiate the voting procedure of the Core Group (CG) that formally decides about your application on behalf of the Management Committee (MC).
- Upon approval of the Core Group, the Action Chair pre-approves your conference
grant in the e-cost system and you receive a formal notification.
- Successful conference grant holders must properly acknowledge their EU financial support, received through the cHiPSet COST Action IC1406, in their published paper/poster as well as on the respective presentation slides.
After the conference:
- At most 30 calendar days after the last conference day attended, but no later than March 25, 2019, conference grant holders must upload a scientific report (2 pages) to the e-cost system.
- This report must be aligned with the template provided in the e-cost system.
- This report including paper, presentation slides and/or poster as appendices, must be sent to the cHiPSet Conference Grants Committee (email@example.com).
Failure to produce the above documentation in time may result in cancellation of your conference grant!